Greetings Noble Friends,
The Noblemen are very pleased to present to you the first of many entries into our Philanthropy Blog! We will use this page as a tool to keep you posted on all of the wonderful local philanthropy that we are tangled up in. Please feel free to leave any comments and let us know what you think!
The Noblemen have had a busy summer and have been involved in a lot of great projects and have been helping a lot of kids! Here are some of the great things we were involved in over the summer:
Summer 2011 (part 1):
- One of our members approached us because he had a customer who was in need. This individual is a local mother who was experiencing some very hard times and needed assistance pre-paying for prescriptions for her family. The Noblemen stepped in and helped out by giving $900 towards this need.
- The Noblemen gifted $1000 to RAPS and were a sponsor for their annual summer t-shirt. RAPS stands for "Really Awesome People Swimming". They are a fantastic group that take local inner city kids into the water and teach them how to swim!
- We are very proud to have gifted $2500 to Tidewater Youth Services to fund their literacy program. Tidewater Youth Services operates several transitional homes for local kids who are trying to work their way out of the juvenile detention system. Our gift will fund an literacy expert who will work with these kids to get them reading and writing on a higher level so they can work towards their GEDs and further (and better) their lives and situations!
- The Noblemen hosted their first ever "Noblelympics" this past spring and raised $5000 for the International Little League Challenger World Jamboree (say that fast 10 times!). The Challenger Jamboree is a baseball tournament that is held in Norfolk every year that hosts teams from all over the world all of which are comprised of special needs kids! This is a wonderful event that provides these children with an unforgettable weekend and experience. The Challenger Jamboree approached The Noblemen to find out we could help out and The Noblelympics were born! The Noblelympics brought people together from all over Hampton Roads for an AWESOME day of team competition in events like: Wiffle Ball, Lobster Grab, Corn Hole, Pool and Tug-of-war. We had a great time for a great cause and raised some great money!
- The Noblemen have a special relationship with Tallwood High School. After all they have the founding chapter of The NobleTeens! Through the NobleTeens we got to know the special needs/education program at Tallwood. Al (Noble 1) and Pete (2 Noble) joined the special needs program on their filed trip to a horse farm in Pungo early in the summer and treated everyone to lunch at Pungo Pizza. It was an awesome time!
...Thanks for reading! There will be another update coming soon with more about The Noblemen 2011 summer!